Saturday, March 31, 2012

Sunday Romance Funnies

One of my favorite things to do as a child growing up was to read the Sunday Funnies/Comics.  I can openly admit, that I did not start reading for a hobby until my sister shoved a copy of Harry Potter in my face.  I can feel the stink eyes now.  What's worse, I did not start reading romance until J. R. Ward came out with her third book.  Again, my sister shoved those books in my face.  Gasp!  Slap me on the wrist!  It's okay.  Just know going forward, I was knocking on her door asking her to hurry up and tell me what romance novel to read next.  I'm getting off topic here.

So, I searched around and found some amazing Romance writer comics out there.  I have recently sent out requests for permission to post on here.
However, Doug Savage from http://www.savagechickens.com/ posted that it is okay for us bloggers to come on and post a comic monthly.  Please go check out his site. So thank you Doug for letting us share your talent and giving us a dose of humor, the best medicine.

What's the evil object that causes you to get writer's block?

2 comments:

  1. I get a chicken cartoon in my inbox everyday. They are funny.

    I read romance when I was in my late teens early 20's. classic bodice rippers. Johanna Lindsey was probably my fave. Then I got kind of bored with them and went to mysteries which I read for years and years, then I got bored with that and found PNR, I think Ward was around 3 when I found them, along with Kenyon and Cole. Then about a year or 18 months later, the Amazon chat thingy introduced me to m/m and ... well, there's been no going back for now. :-)

    I've always been a reader though, probably to my family's confusion. I was a total Nancy Drew fan back in the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty amazing how many people have a similar story of moving around on genres. I've heard of others doing the same thing. I hear people saying it's going to the dark side, which I chuckle at. I'd like to think of it as broadening our horizons:)

      You have such a broad base I may be asking you to come on here to do a Dear Tam corner:)

      Delete